Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Hello fellow Boxster owners
I have a 2000 Boxster w/ the 2nd top on it (replaced about 2005). There is a small crack on the edge of the window - probably 1" in length total. Pretty minor. It's so close to the edge it's hardly noticeable. I want to repair it myself if possible using some kit - just to avoid rain getting in/etc. Sure others have gone thru this and hoping you can share what you used if it worked.
Thanks
Almost any crack means it has become brittle. The only way i could repair mine when it cracked was with gorilla tape. There may be ways to laminate a small piece of plastic over it, but my guess is that a0 it wont last and b) another crack will appear. You've apparently been through the drill - many shops can sew in a new window. You can save a bunch of cost if you remove the mechanism and hand it to them.

G

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
I had a 1" crack at the middle top of the window in 2012. Used a bit of the E6800 (it was UV6800 back then) and it has remained water tight since then.UV6800
bb1
Hello fellow Boxster owners
I have a 2000 Boxster w/ the 2nd top on it (replaced about 2005). There is a small crack on the edge of the window - probably 1" in length total. Pretty minor. It's so close to the edge it's hardly noticeable. I want to repair it myself if possible using some kit - just to avoid rain getting in/etc. Sure others have gone thru this and hoping you can share what you used if it worked.
Thanks

Had a small crack develop right at the left side of the window about where the crease/fold would be. The crack developed when I put the top in the service position and was trying to help the window develop a proper fold and temperature was too cold and the plastic too old and brittle.

To seal the window against water getting it I used some clear tape the kind used to seal moving boxes. I had some of that tape laying around. I used an Exacto knife to carefully trim the tape so it fit good up against the canvas.

Since I didn't lower the top any before nor after the tape held a while. I may have replaced/renewed the tape once, maybe more than once over some span of time, but I don't recall now.

After some time I had the rear window replaced by a highly regarded automotive upholstery/top shop near me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login