Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
... one to go.
Cataracts, that is.
The first eye was done this morning.
It was the more complex of the two since it was the most nearsighted, the most astigmatic and the one with 2 retina detachments.
They first corrected the astigmatism with laser and also made the lateral incision.
Then, a variable toric lens was implanted which corrects for most of the nearsightedness.
Now i just need to give it a few days.
Already I can see much better than before but it’s uncomfortable now that the anesthesia has worn off.
The second eye will be done on the 29th just two days before I go to the 48 Hours at Sebring Club Race.
If all goes well, I’ll be able to drive my Boxster on track again which I haven’t been able to do for a couple of years.
Keeping fingers crosses, hopefully not the eyes smiling smiley
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: One down...
jg wnc - 6 years ago
Had both of mine done this year. First one (left) also has a toric lens. The right eye was done 3 months after the first. By December (6 months and 3 months post) my vision was 20/30 and 2/40. The doc was not satisfied and performed Yag laser to remove secondary cataracts on each eye (procedures were performed 2 weeks apart). Vision is now 20/25 in both eyes.

It might be a bit optimistic to run at Sebring 2 days after the second procedure, but everyone is different. I had RK back in the 90's which complicated my surgery. IIRC the doc told me not to do anything strenuous or any heavy lifting for a week after surgery.

Good luck and happy seeing!
for about a week after each of mine was done. No bending over, weight lifting restrictions, etc. Might check re driving a race car so soon.

I had to turn down my computer monitor's brightness by about 60% after mine. You'll love em.
Happy to learn yourfuture looks ‘brighter’,

Please don’t push it.

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
I'm told the lasik procedure is more like a cataract one...

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Re: One down...
grc0456 - 6 years ago
Wishing you a speedy recovery, PB!

Gary

2003 Boxster Base - Midnight Blue Metallic, Savanna Beige, Metropol Blue
I had early onset at 61 and have had both done with two years between them. They must have used different lenses since at night the headlights of oncoming cars appear different to each eye. One shows a soft fuzzy glow around the lights and the other shows it like a t.v. camera does with the light radiating out from the headlight in lines (which I have learned to live with).
Since you are getting both done in a close time frame the two should work the same way. Go win your race.
Aren't you kinda busy with your Jacksonville Jaguars this weekend, Tom? winking smiley

Good luck.....I think you'll need it. smoking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
[www.sportaviationexpo.com]

January 24-27 in Sebring.

Wow!
That looks cool.
A mini Osh-Kosh?
Happy Porsche'ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
I just had my cataracts done this last October. For the first time in my life, I don't need contacts or glasses. I don't trust your doctor to understand the stresses placed on the body on the track. Ask the doctor how he would feel about you taking a wild roller coaster ride at an amusement park two days after surgerysmiling smiley
Hope you can make the racing.....all good with the 09...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login