Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
986 fuel pumps
Wayne K - 6 years ago
I was doing some reading on Rennlist GT3 forum regarding a small rubber house that is known to burst on the fuel pump. Does anyone know if that is an issue of concern with a 2002 Boxster S?
Re: 986 fuel pumps
db997S - 6 years ago
I have no broad knowledge of this issue, but on a personal level, I had a 2002 Boxster S for seven years and drove it for 53K miles, and had no issues with the fuel pump. Granted, that is only a sample of one, so take it with a grain of salt.
Re: 986 fuel pumps
MarcW - 6 years ago
Wayne K
I was doing some reading on Rennlist GT3 forum regarding a small rubber house that is known to burst on the fuel pump. Does anyone know if that is an issue of concern with a 2002 Boxster S?

The GT3 fuel deliver system is different from that of the Boxster. The fuel pump from my 2002 Boxster didn't even have a rubber hose. All hoses were the nylon kind. After nearly 200K miles the hoses/fitting/connections were still good the fuel pump electric motor quit working.

Eventually if you own/drive the car long enough the fuel pump will quit. The new pump comes with all necessary hoses and such so these all get renewed along with the pump.

Might add the pump housing has a non-servicable fuel "filter" -- a very fine plastic mesh screen -- and this gets "replaced" when the new pump and its housing and "filter" gets installed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login