Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Today I had the pleasure of watching a Cayman GT4 outrun McLarens, AMG Mercs, Astons, BMWs, Mustangs, etc in the BMW Endurance Challenge. Not a fluke either - the Cayman was clearly the fastest car on the track. Another Cayman challenged for the lead much of the day until a couple of bad pit stops knocked it back. Tomorrow the big dogs run in the Rolex 24!

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Enjoy the race Mike. Hate to miss this year. See you at BRBS!
Not a good Daytona for Porsche...

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
I'm not sure what the percentage allocation between politics and performance is to be successful in GTLM, but for sure the politics portion is significant. Porsche just has not been as successful as say Ford in the political Balance-of-Performance decisions by IMSA. It is interesting, now that the series is thriving, they don't need Porsche as much and they don't favor them with BoP decisions.
BOP in about 90% in my view. There were basically three levels of performance at Daytona: 1. Ford Gt, 2 Corvette, and 3. everyone else. I always thought that the GT class was supposed to be for cars that were racing versions of a street driveable GT car. Not so anymore. The FordGTs are limited to 250 units and although I covet one, they are not what a would choose for a GT car. There is more technology in the Ford GT than the prototypes - particularly aerodynamics. Of course, the mid-engined Porsches are a far cry from any street legal car. It almost reminds me of Nascar.

BTW, a question for the racing experts. When it rained briefly, the Porsches were suddenly very competitive and quickly moved from 5th to first. I understand why this was true with the rear engined 911s, but now that it is mid-engined, why does it still have an advantage.

Maybe it might be more interesting if they continually hosed down the track during races!

Lawdevil
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
At least Friday was good with a win for the Cayman GT4mr. Does anyone know what "MR" means?

Lawdevil
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login