Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Oh my goodness. What happened to the Mission E's suicide doors?

Looks like a great (well heeled) soccer mom's vehicle. Nothing wrong with electric vehicles for around town and short trips. A clean way to get from here to there with little fuss and muss. As a bonus, there won't be any fluttering hearts.

I just hope that Porsche will build some sports cars that tug on the emotions like what Ferry Porsche did when he built the 356 - 001.
Guenter in Ontario
I just hope that Porsche will build some sports cars that tug on the emotions like what Ferry Porsche did when he built the 356 - 001.

... and funny you should phrase it that way: [pedrosgarage.com]

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2018 06:05PM by Pedro (Weston, FL). (view changes)
You've sure nailed it in your article, Pedro.

Every time I fire up my 981 and my 987 before it, I still get that thrill/chill tingle up my spine and it only builds from there. It's why a trip to the corner store a half block away can become a 30 mile drive. That's why those of us who really love sports cars, drive them, not because of the badge on the hood, but because of what they make us feel as we dance through the twisties to the sound of the Symphony in Flat Six.

Interesting in the European Windows section of Pano this month is an article about Formula E. They get few spectators out and grandstands are virtually empty. How long will few ticket sales sustain the series? How long will Porsche want to run in front of dust covered grandstands? For me, watching a Formula E race is like sitting at the dentist's office, listening to someone have a root canal done. Really not interested in hearing the whining drill sound.
[www.youtube.com]
Guenter in Ontario

For me, watching a Formula E race is like sitting at the dentist's office, listening to someone have a root canal done. Really not interested in hearing the whining drill sound.
[www.youtube.com]

Spot on, Guenter.
told me long ago that during a factory visit a floor worker during break told him "water is poison to Porsche". I can't help but wonder what that worker thinks today.
Ferry Porsche once said:
"Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have a radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent".
(PANORAMA, Oct. '73)

[pedrosgarage.com]

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Nathan Merz was brought in by PCA to deliver a presentation at Tech Tactics East (great seeing you there, BTW) a few weeks ago that certainly seems to validate what you say, Pedro. He identified the 986/996 as cars that are starting to see steady increases in value in the Porsche Market (along with G-body 911, 964 manual coupe, the transaxle cars, 996/997 Turbo, and 914), and the 986/996 (along with G-body with 915 tranny, 987.2/997.2 and any open top water-cooled car) as "great buys - for now," meaning he sees prices will certainly increase to levels that will make today's prices seem like steals.

Recently, before the latest snow in New England, I had the chance to take my 986 out of the garage for a drive. It's amazing how this 20-year old platform is able to impress when I exercise it a bit after a full warm-up. The sound and emotion its little 2.7L flat six brings, especially in the 4,000-6,000rpm sweet spot, is just awesome. There are plenty of faster and more technically advanced cars, but none could possibly bring a bigger smile to my face. And that, for me, is what it's all about.

Gary

2003 Boxster Base - Midnight Blue Metallic, Savanna Beige, Metropol Blue
This will be a cross over based off of the Mission E. I read a different article where the Mission E will come out before this crossover version based on the Mission E. Think of it as the Panamera and the station wagon version (Grand Tourismo) of the Panamera. This thing in the article would be the equivalent to the wagon version of the Panamera, but in the Mission E model. It wouldn't be a station wagon, but instead, Porsche's first crossover vehicle.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login