Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Porsche VIN Decoder thumbs up

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Doesn't work on older models. Requires 17 digit VIN.

Ed B
THERE SEEM TO BE ERRORS. SAYS MY 06 C4S IS A 2S CAB, WITH ABOUT 3X THE ACTUAL MILES. (SORRY FOR THE CAPS, MY KEY IS STUCK!)
Sandia
THERE SEEM TO BE ERRORS. SAYS MY 06 C4S IS A 2S CAB, WITH ABOUT 3X THE ACTUAL MILES. (SORRY FOR THE CAPS, MY KEY IS STUCK!)

Did you purchase it used?

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
The mileage on that site means nothing. How the heck would they know? Only you know what you have driven.

Anyway try this site instead to see the PCNA info and options on your car;

[admin.porschedealer.com]

Do not just click on the link, copy and paste the link into your browser then change the VIN to yours. It will go to a certificate style options list that you can print or cancel the print and view it on screen. It can then be saved as a PDF.

This works for many Porsches including mine but not for some VIN's.

Good luck.
Print out merely says "vehicle unavailable"
Well I'm sorry to hear it isn't working for some of you. When it does work it produces a very nice COA style PDF with a list of options and codes plus the original retail selling price. production year & month and warranty start date. If I could figure out how to post an image on this forum I could show you how mine appears.
[video][/video]I'm guessing my Cayman was one of the last 987.1 2.7s made. It's build date was 11 DEC 2008. It was placed onto service in mid-JAN of 2009. It was a lightly optioned car that sticked for just a tick over $53K. The 18' S wheels were a good selection. I bought it in 2015 and have put 25K miles on it since then.
Any idea where to get the build spec for my 1977 UK registered 911 Porsche online
VIN Decoder sights don't work on older cars because their build information is not digitized and online.
The only way you can get a reliable build sheet for a '77 Porsche is to purchase the Certificate of Authenticity (Certificate of Origin) from any Porsche Dealer.
They will request it to the factory which will investigate and look through the original records to generate the build sheet.
Even then, sometimes there will be discrepancies because dealers used to install some factory options, so you may find different options on the car than on the build sheet.
Happy Porsche'ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login