Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
718 will become the 518 with two more cylinders removed to make it a 1 liter quadruple turbo two.

Then will come the E18 with BSE (Bose Sports Exhaust), complete with a modified PSGS (Porsche Stun Gun Seat,) strong enough to give the driver some excitement will riding around.
LOL, Guenter! Flat sixes forever!

Gary

2003 Boxster Base - Midnight Blue Metallic, Savanna Beige, Metropol Blue
My Cayman may only have 250K on it by then and I'll be a creaky 88, so maybe I don't care.smiling smiley
As is so often the case, headlines don't tell the whole story!
"Who knows – maybe by then even our iconic sports car, the 911, will be electric"
Right, who knows?
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Re: However....
old timer - 6 years ago
Horse and buggies weren't mandated out of existence by oppressive governments as is the case of the internal combustion engine.
from a horse, just a different kind. And if you have ever been to LA or Phoenix or Beijing you know pollution is real. I used to visit Phoenix in the 60s and 70s when it was a small attractive to live in town. Then a few years ago I drove into town only to see the city covered in a brown haze. Different when you have urban sprawl and millions of lives affected. I'm willing to have O2 sensors and cats and even smaller engines. After all, I had as much fun with 4 cylinders and 85 HP in my first Porsche as I ever did in much more powerful ones.

So, fellow old timer, I'm seeing things a bit differently now than I did back then. And am supportive of fact based rules we all live by to protect each other.
Re: Pollution
MarcW - 5 years ago
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC
from a horse, just a different kind. And if you have ever been to LA or Phoenix or Beijing you know pollution is real. I used to visit Phoenix in the 60s and 70s when it was a small attractive to live in town. Then a few years ago I drove into town only to see the city covered in a brown haze. Different when you have urban sprawl and millions of lives affected. I'm willing to have O2 sensors and cats and even smaller engines. After all, I had as much fun with 4 cylinders and 85 HP in my first Porsche as I ever did in much more powerful ones.

So, fellow old timer, I'm seeing things a bit differently now than I did back then. And am supportive of fact based rules we all live by to protect each other.

Trouble is there is a diminishing return on making motor vehicles cleaner. The ones for sale in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Japan, Australia are already quite clean and to get them cleaner really means smaller/lighter vehicles which have their negatives, one of which is they won't fare well in the real world when involved in accidents with objects or with larger vehicles.

In areas where relatively clean vehicles in use like LA in the USA, these areas have bad pollution due to the geology and topology of the area where there are located. LA is located a basin and air tends to stagnate in this basin once in a while due to wind and weather conditions and haze and and what have you becomes more concentrated. Areas like LA will never hav 365 clear days a year even with no cars.

Also, there are millions of dirty/inefficient cars in use throughout the world and I would believe a push to get these off the road and replaced with cleaner vehicles would do much more for air quality.

The push for cleaner vehicles is not driven by air quality concerns, or environmental concerns, but simply by politics. There are some who will not be satisfied until all personal vehicles are banned and people have to rely upon public transportation or possibly bolstered by fleets of self-driving cars under control by the local/county/state governments. This helps to ensure a large base of union public employees to help fund the $500M per election cycle (and this sum will only grow larger going forward) unions spend.
This to correspond with the release of Mission E. Most will be at dealerships, but not all. So, whether you like it or not, the times, they are a chargin, er, I mean a changin.
they appear to be mostly to charge loaner vehicles or perhaps a customer's car brought in for servicing and needing topping up.
CA is a bit more advanced in the EV department than the rest of the country. Makes sense. Also, easier for Porsche to meet its goal of 500 in US.
db997S
CA is a bit more advanced in the EV department than the rest of the country. Makes sense. Also, easier for Porsche to meet its goal of 500 in US.

While the dealer has a few charging stations they are just a few, 3 maybe 4.

Not sure how many more would be needed for this local dealer to do its fair share in offering charging opportunities to owners of battery powered Porsche electric vehicles.

There is no space to add any more unless the dealer wants to take extremely limited new car parking spaces and convert these over to charging spaces. There are some customer parking spaces located at a fairly convenient spot but these are all handicap spaces. Not sure CA would be too happy to see those go away and there is probably a city ordinance that requires a certain number of handicap spaces.

If the dealer does converter some new car parking spaces to charging spaces it means customers seeking a charge will be driving into and out of the new car area and that brings the risk of new cars getting scraped, dinged, in some other way damaged.

Adding these charging stations is going to be a big expense for the dealer, and multiply that by the couple of hundred Porsche dealers and that's not chump change.

I suspect before it is all over with Porsche will have a new CEO before it goes all electric.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login