Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

You are absolutely correct....

Own a Porsche? Join the Club.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I've had intermittent ABS error warnings on my Spec Boxster for a while. The error codes move around to different corners of the car, usually indicating a ground circuit fault. New sensors / swapping sensors has not helped, so I believe some part of the ABS wiring has been damaged while working on suspension r&r.

I now have the Porsche ABS wiring repair kits in hand for the front L & R wiring. They have the sensor connectors at one end, and 4 bare wires (ABS & brake wear sensor signals) at the other, plus solder+crimp connectors and heat shrink. The L & R lengths are a bit different (longer R), so it looks to me like they are both meant to end on the driver side next to the battery / behind the shock top mount hole. It makes sense to me that splicing would occur here, just before the L & R bundles join the the big many-wires bundle that goes through the wall to the frunk and ABS unit connector (numerous other wires are that bundle, like for the L headlight, etc.)

Can anyone confirm or advise whether I'm on the right path regarding where to splice the wiring in? Thanks!
... that's where you should splice.
Take your time and make sure that the ends are tinned correctly.
The connections are critical.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla 1998 Boxster 986 - 280,000+ miles: http://www.PedrosGarage.com
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"
"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Thanks, Pedro. I actually did get some info indicating a splice location for the passenger side that is on that side, rather than doing both on the driver side. I can see where that wire bundle is accessible before it goes into the dash grommet and the interior. I will be deliberate and careful!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login