Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
New wheels? New exterior enhancements? New mechanical performance/handling bits? New interior pieces? Or maybe even new driving shoes?

For my 981S, replaced ughly standard 981 steering wheel with a one-off custom Porsche Sport Design. Perforated and smooth leather, black strip at 12 o'clock, additional padding to increase grip diameter to 4 5/8".

"A mile of runway gets you to the end of a runway. A mile of twisty backroad in your Porsche takes you to heaven."
I like the look - much better than the stock 981 wheel. And it looks like it should be a improvement of the interface feel between the driver and the car.

Looking forward to see a picture of it installed in your car.

So you've got the hands covered.

I went for the feet.

Guenter in Ontario
I like the look - much better than the stock 981 wheel. And it looks like it should be a improvement of the interface feel between the driver and the car.

I went for the feet.
quote]

Dancin' shoes for the THREE pedals. smiling smiley
Those shoes look familiar, G!

I do like mine, but I find they are bit on the narrow side. I even ordered a half size up.

Gary

2003 Boxster Base - Midnight Blue Metallic, Savanna Beige, Metropol Blue
Installed
Roger987 - 5 years ago
Ask and ye shall receive:

Oh - that rod capped by a round ball thingy emerging from the leather boot - that's the increasing rare (now endangered) species known as the 'manual shift lever'.

You'll spot an extra red bit in the photo below, Gman. winking smiley

Guenter in Ontario

I went for the feet.

"A mile of runway, and you're at the end of a runway. A mile of twisty backroad in your Porsche and you're in heaven."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2018 03:57PM by Roger987. (view changes)
The good Doctor would be most pleased. All the communication devices are there. Being at one with the machine, ready to dance through the twisties.

The wheel looks great Roger. And I bet it feels good, as one of the main interfaces between driver and machine. Add a twisty road. Enjoy to the sound of the Symphony in Flat Six. Driving Nirvana.

Yes. I also noticed that your parking brake was on. winking smiley

Nice key fob too. cool smiley
Re: Installed
Roger987 - 5 years ago
"All the communication devices are there."

Yup, they are - THREE pedals, MANual shifter, 3.4 litres of mid-engined, naturally aspirated, flat-6 splendor, PSE, PASM, Porsche Torque Vectoring and, at long last, a proper steering wheel. Yesiree, we're communicating.

"Nice key fob too."

Thank you. As it happens, a good friend (one of the early 981S adopters) from Ontario gave it to me, to celebrate the purchase of my 981S. I'm glad he did; I'm far too thrifty to buy one myself. winking smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2018 06:03PM by Roger987. (view changes)
Nice looking.... err..... knob.

Is that a factory part?
i'm not certain if it's a factory part. very hard to find. got it through suncoast (9X6BKNcool smiley. it's slightly different from the factory part that I got from CFG many moons ago, but close enough. the painted section is now clear coated. the leather is a different texture and add stitching. otherwise, it's an exact replacement for my worn and torn part.
I have been looking for a thicker wheel. Will you post the vendor information? Thanks.
Driven on the twisties to the airport, so I can slip the surly bonds of earth. smileys with beer

<<>>

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Sandia
I have been looking for a thicker wheel. Will you post the vendor information? Thanks.

Dallas Custom Steering Wheel. They do excellent work.
Drove it.
grant - 5 years ago
on the streets

at the autocross

at the track

on a rally (we won!)

(and on the beaches, and in the air.....)

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Re: Drove it.
grc0456 - 5 years ago
grant
on the streets

at the autocross

at the track

on a rally (we won!)

(and on the beaches, and in the air.....)

We shall never surrender!

Gary

2003 Boxster Base - Midnight Blue Metallic, Savanna Beige, Metropol Blue
Haven't done anything to it since I drove it off the dealer's lot in Nov. 2009. Still brings me joy to drive (daily driver, for me).
Drove it to the airport for a business trip and left it there 3 days. Was the only fun part of the trip!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login