Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Rear Suspension
Lew - 5 years ago
On my 04S there are two small bushing tie rods attached to the end of the sway bar. Anyone know what these parts are called? I cannot find them described in the Bentley other than seeing a drawing on page 42-4. The rubber is bad/cracked and needs replacing.

Thanks!.
Re: Rear Suspension
Lew - 5 years ago
Could these be stabilizing bars?
Drop links
grant - 5 years ago
[www.pelicanparts.com]

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2018 08:12AM by grant. (view changes)
Would be nice if you could post a picture of what you are talking about but I don't see how you can do it on this forum. By chance does the item show on page 40-4 front suspension of the Bentley manual?
Lew - 5 years ago
paulofto
Would be nice if you could post a picture of what you are talking about but I don't see how you can do it on this forum. By chance does the item show on page 40-4 front suspension of the Bentley manual?

Yes, and the link is pictured just above the letter B.
Those are the what Porsche calls 'Stabilizer Mountings" according to the PET. Most call them drop links. There are 4, 2 front and 2 back and are the same front or back. The left is P/N 996 343 069 03 and the right 996 343 070 03 for 2000 to 2004 models. If you are replacing them you will need new nuts as well; 999 084 445 09 upper and 999 084 643 09 lower for each one. Torque the top one to 63 ft/lb and the lower to 37 ft/lb. Easily accessible and not a tough job to replace. Good luck.
Lew - 5 years ago
paulofto
Those are the what Porsche calls 'Stabilizer Mountings" according to the PET. Most call them drop links. There are 4, 2 front and 2 back and are the same front or back. The left is P/N 996 343 069 03 and the right 996 343 070 03 for 2000 to 2004 models. If you are replacing them you will need new nuts as well; 999 084 445 09 upper and 999 084 643 09 lower for each one. Torque the top one to 63 ft/lb and the lower to 37 ft/lb. Easily accessible and not a tough job to replace. Good luck.

Now we know and thanks, I do appreciate it. On a earlier post, Pelican parts was mentioned. When looking they have several vendors to buy these Stabilizer Mountings" from. The reviews are good on all the vendors, and the parts do come with new nuts.
There is also Rockauto with a wide selection.

[www.rockauto.com]
Lew - 5 years ago
paulofto
There is also Rockauto with a wide selection.

[www.rockauto.com]

OK, thanks I'll check it out.....
See Instructions for Posting Pictures under Main Forum near top left.

[pedrosboard.com]
"sway bar links" or "drop links" are two terms that I've heard for what you describe.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login