Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Very entertaining, and some crazy driving.... smiling smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
He won't have that GT4 for long. He drives like he is trying to set a lap record. Hard to do when there are a lot of other inexperienced drivers on the track.
He takes a very weird line when coming into a tight turn.
He’ll run out of track if he keeps doing that.
Shame; such a nice car!
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Gary in SoFL
Very entertaining, and some crazy driving.... smiling smiley

yep--crazy seems to be the operative word..
He's darn lucky that thing can brake. The first turn he almost rearended that white Miata.
Gear indicator
Boxsterra - 5 years ago
Is it normal for manual transmission cars to have a gear selection indicator in the console?
Yes. 981's all have it for both manual and PDK.
3 Observations
jg wnc - 5 years ago
1. This certainly drops my interest in ever doing a lap at the ‘Ring with all the traffic
2. The Lambo driver is an ass. He should have moved over. Oh well, he owns a Lambo!
3. I like the way the cars being passed signaled where they were going - mostly keeping right. Seems like a good idea and would be useful at DE’s as it allows drivers to keep hands on the wheel.
jg wnc
1. This certainly drops my interest in ever doing a lap at the ‘Ring with all the traffic
2. The Lambo driver is an ass. He should have moved over. Oh well, he owns a Lambo!
3. I like the way the cars being passed signaled where they were going - mostly keeping right. Seems like a good idea and would be useful at DE’s as it allows drivers to keep hands on the wheel.

Perhaps I can help you with #2.

Watch the video again. The Lambo has superior acceleration in the straights. But the GT4 catches him in the corners. Realzing this, the Lambo driver, at 4:40, moved to the right to allow the driver in the GT4 to pass. Rather than accepting the offer, the GT4 driver chose to spin his right hand as a demonstration of impatience? superior driving skills? a tiny appendage? Who knows. In any event the GT4 driver preferred to ride the ass of your so-called 'ass'.
Re: 3 Observations
decay - 5 years ago
He even says as much in the caption to the video:

"First time I've seen a Performante so couldn't resist having a closer look! Thanks to the driver for offering me multiple times to pass, however I wanted to keep his cool car in the picture so apologies for staying close! "

Not the other driver's fault at all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login