Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
The head unit that is there is starting to fritz... any suggestions?
Would be nice if it was, but not necessary, Car Play compatible.

Then again, I might just reinstalled the OEM unit and call it a day :-)
I put in a Kenwood HU a couple years (3-5 yrs?)ago. Definitely before car play and android auto. Mine is a single din. Would car play and android auto require double din?

I just discovered spotify and bt it to my HU.
My 2000 Boxster S turned 18 this past April (I am the original and only owner), so I decided to treat it--and myself--to a new radio and outboard amp. I'd been wanting to do this for a while. I researched a few units, and read some reviews. I had 3 simple requirements. I needed it to play usb sticks, sound halfway decent, and fit in reasonably well with my car's black interior. I decided on the Sony MEX GS820BT. I found a local installer that had this model in stock and I made an appointment. I remember reading a post by someone (a long time ago on PPbb) that an upgrade to to factory fitted amp (in the front trunk) can also help improve the sound. So I purchased an Alpine amp (that fit in perfectly in place of the factory unit) to supplement the Sony GS820. I chose not to change the speakers at this point. Anyway, the store did a great installation job. I'm more than pleased with the new sound, and my mp3 music files sound fantastic, with plenty of volume. Imho, the unit looks good, too, and the lighting is user-adjustable.

My car (the green one) from a BRBS event in 2010..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2018 03:23PM by Rick J (Nashville, TN). (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login