Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Yummy Vett smileys with beer

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Beautiful car!

I am not a fan of the brute force approach to things, but that car is stunning.

13 Boxster, Racing Yellow, PDK, SC in yellow, 20" Carrera platinum wheels, sport steering wheel, yellow seat belts, yellow roll bars, 14 way power seats, PDL, sports tailpipe
Very Ferrari/Lambo like in design. Hard to see the Vette in this one. That might turn off American Muscle heads. They also love to pop the hood and show of their wears, which as Boxster/Cayman owners know all to well, isn't the easiest thing to do with a mid-engine. Even if it is under glass, like some exotics do, still not the same thing.
From the back, not so much...

....and Boxsterra is an accomplished butt man winking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Looks like a Camaro from the rear. it's like they gave one team X amount of money to design the car, and they ran out of money about 2/3 of the way into it, so, they slapped on a Camaro butt, and called it fully baked.
You're right:
Laz - 5 years ago
I hope those upper vent panels are functional, at least. With a little morphing, one winds up with this:
[dcab14e1c20fa3bd6b68-1333adf75849ebc3225d67981f555e4a.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com]
This Honda, in turn, picks up "styling" elements from the way-too-busy back end of the Civic Type R.
The original posted view of the Corvette is beautiful, although an obvious Ferrari imitation.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2018 03:54AM by Laz. (view changes)
The Boxster is the only mid-engine car I have driven, but I can still make some guesses about mid-engine Corvette handling compared to a modern Vette. The weight of the 2010 Boxster is 2943 pounds to 2987 pounds. The weight of the 2008 Corvette is 3132 pounds to 3199 pounds. I own both cars. My Corvette has the Z51 autocross package and manual transmission. I can say that there is no comparison between the two on a twisty road at a constant speed with no consideration of acceleration capability. The Boxster is the clear winner in terms of road feel and general fun to drive performance.
Great looking front 2/3 of the car; the rear looks like it still needs some work.

I haven't seen much about pricing on the mid-engine car yet, but have heard it will be +$100K and have 600+HP..

Put all that in a mid-engine car with good quality and I think they will find buyers--some of which will be new and younger.
Whether or not the traditional Corvette buyer will continue to buy is open to question.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login