Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I've been looking over the posts and it seems lately that no one is going anywhere in their Boxsters. Hard to believe that everyone's been busy fixing this and that. Am I really the only one that's been lucky enough to drive their Boxster?

OK, OK, so I have had to spend some money on the CURVEN8R. It seems like the combination of curvy roads and PSE has had me recently put the 4th (3rd replacement) set of rear tires on the CURVEN8R, now with almost 50K miles on it.

We've had unusually warm weather this summer with lots of days in the upper 80's and low 90's. Pretty unusual here in Ontario. So we've been able to get out for lots of topless drives.

Here's one stop we made a couple of weeks ago on a little 200 mile drive up to Georgian Bay. We stopped in Thornbury for some lunch and took this picture down by the harbour.

Soooooooo anyone else been lucky enough to drive their Boxsters anywhere this summer?
Not yet, but we are taking the 2002 to Kentucky from and back from our home in Mass at the end of October.
That should be a great drive. Maybe even be able to see some nice Fall colours along the way. Looking forward to some pictures.
Except this time I was again able to take Coast Highway. The road has been closed for 2 years due to a bridge collapse in Big Sur and a 1/4 mile rain induced landslide near Gorda. A great drive, especially when top down for 200 of the 350 miles. Lots of twisties too.
In the DC area, it has been a very wet, hot and humid summer. Just no reason to go anywhere. Might as well stay at home and sit inside instead of traveling to pay to do the same. It has rained so often that I forgot when the last time I washed my car. Can't do it on weekday after work. On weekends, it is either raining or predicted to rain on Monday or Tuesday. Mine is a daily driver, so it is useless. Even if I could do it at night, with all the rain, there are more mosquitoes than normal, and they are the size of small drones. Two bites and you'd be down a couple of quarts of blood. Hope it dries up a bit in early autumn. Still plenty warm down here to take advantage. Feel sorry for all the first time convertible owners around these parts.
Just be sure the drains are clear.

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
if you leave the dirt on too lung, it can become a major chore to clean it all off. A good time to rinse the car off is right after a rain (I know, not always possible / convenient.). It also helps keep the bugs and stuff from baking into the paint.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2018 09:01PM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
WithBeaks

I still miss Peter Falk in Columbo. .....and there was that old 403 Peugeot cab that somehow kept running.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login