Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
... at Champion Porsche in South Florida, you'd better read this:
[www.thedrive.com]

Happy Porscheing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2018 03:03PM by Pedro (Weston, FL). (view changes)
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Ouch!
Looks like a lot of people were not paying attention to what this guy was doing.
Having his wages garnished by AMEX should have been a red flag to keep an eye on what he was doing.
I'm thinking the dealership has insurance to cover this type of activity so they should be whole--as will the customers,
Having said that, this doesn't speak well about the dealership runs their shop, given the perp has been linked to a similar episode a few years back.

It's been 6 years since we ordered a car so I don't remember the particular steps once the order is taken and a deposit is given, but IIRC, we did get a build date for sure--not sure if there was some sort of production order attached to it.
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
I can't imagine what insurance they would have that would cover employees stealing money from customers outside of the dealership.
Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
but is this something a Porsche dealer would pay for?
Boxsterra
but is this something a Porsche dealer would pay for?

Good question, but I think it might depend on the ownership's view of their staff and how much trust they have in them. Champion may have had this in place.
What bothers me about the story is :
1) Reportedly,the VP had his wages garnished by AMEX--so the dealer had to know he had some on going financial problems.
2) Reportedly, he was involved in a similar scheme in 2016.

Not sure how he survived the first episode, but a schemer with financial problems-- involved at a high level in an organization-- should have set off some alarms.
Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
... I had forgotten that I prepaid in full my GT3RSR.
Thanks for curing my temporary amnesia winking smiley
Happy Porsche'ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login