Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
My 987S hit ten years old and 150K miles the other day. Still running like a dream. Every switch, button, latch & etc all working perfectly. To "Baby" my car I have reduced the oil change cycle from 12K to 9K.

I thought I would list the non regular maintenance work done on the car.

68K - convertible top side arm replaced

102K - AOS replaced

118k - new clutch

123K - new engine mount

123K - new water pump

147K - windshield fluid pump replaced

"Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!"
Congratulations Rick! Yours is a great example of how terrific these cars are. Fun to drive and built to last.

Yours is a real beauty. It looks like a brand new, modern car. That's one of the magical things about the Boxster. It's such a classic, timeless design.

enjoy the next 150K miles.
A beautiful pristine car!

13 Boxster, Racing Yellow, PDK, SC in yellow, 20" Carrera platinum wheels, sport steering wheel, yellow seat belts, yellow roll bars, 14 way power seats, PDL, sports tailpipe
I'm impressed. My '08 Cayman has 111,000 miles on it and has it's original clutch, AOS and water pump, so I guess I should get ready for those issues sometimes soon. I like cars that are used and the people the drive them.
The car looks great--love that color toosmiling smiley.

I always thought the 987 model would be very reliable if properly maintained.
--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2018 07:06PM by frogster. (view changes)
My 2008 RS60 has... 15,000 miles. Must drive more.
LOL...you said it...that's my annual average and my car has never been driven to work.

"Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!"
12 years and 151k, still get a thrill every time I hear that flat 6 wind out. Now I just need to get that top replaced...oops that's for a different thread.smileys with beer

Paralizer 06 Boxster S Atlas Grey/Black/Black
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login