Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Aston Martin ??
Alcantera - Monday, 7 March, 2011, at 9:16:43 am
Last night I received a call from my oldest and dearest friend. He started the conversation with (" I think I may need a little automotive intervention") We have a life long pact ,neither will allow the other to buy a jag. He has a z06 vette which he loves , but you guys know how easy a new set of curves can turn a mans head. He has fallen in love with an 07 vantage. This is a tough one for me because an Aston is on my bucket list. Can I with clear conscience give my blessing? would you guys? I tried to deflect with why not a nice late model gt 3, but he is smitten. I guess I'm going to have to put up with "vodka Martini shaken no stirred" and the ever popular "every women deserves a good slap" all done in a Scottish /Connery accent. .....Well gold finger do you really expect me to pay $800 for an oil change!!! no mister bond I expect you to diiiiieeeee. confused smiley
Have him take a look at this
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Monday, 7 March, 2011, at 9:51:06 am
[townhall-talk.edmunds.com]

I don't know if this is just an example of negative bias of such sites.

mike
the site is nothing but negative articles with very little help or facts. All emotions. There is probably some truth to everything said but you'd probably never buy any car if all you read were these few postings.
Re: Aston Martin ??
db997S - Monday, 7 March, 2011, at 1:18:47 pm
You should support him, unless there are factual issues you are aware of regarding the model year he's thinking of buying. This could actually be a good thing for you if your life-long friend does buy the car. You can get his impressions on the car, maybe even drive it on occassion, to know whether or not you should keep it on your bucket list. It's not a Jag, so encourage him. This could be the closest you come to that bucket list item. You can both desire/own the same auto. It's just one more bond that ties the friendship together, unless that friendship is really based on competetiveness and one-upsmanship and you don't want him to get it because you want it first. A true friend wouldn't hesitate to help give him a push into the driver's seat.
If you talk him out of it he may come to resent that and if you convince him to buy one if the experience turns out bad you may be blamed.

He's a big boy. Let him do his research and test drive the various cars and make up his own mind.

I haven't followed the AM line too closely. My feeling is the cars are ok, but they are 'Ford' and I am not interested in owning another Ford, especially one that costs as much as an AM.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
I called my buddy and gave him the thumbs up. I just heard of another guy our age who passed away suddenly. Life's too short. I have been promised a day with the car next time i visit. I wonder what Honor Blackman is up too?[www.google.ca]
Alcantera
I called my buddy and gave him the thumbs up. I just heard of another guy our age who passed away suddenly. Life's too short. I have been promised a day with the car next time i visit.

Dave, just make sure your buddy doesn't have you sitting in the passenger seat. winking smiley

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login