Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Before reading Pedro's DIY on brake and clutch fluid change I never pushed the clutch in when changing the fluid using a Motive pressure bleeder. I don't understand why it would make any difference as I always got fluid out of the slave connection either way. I acquired an E46 BMW that I am wanting to do a brake and clutch flush and am wondering if that needs to have the clutch peddle pushed to the floor or not in order to flush that system. I've done a google search and didn't really find a definitive answer.
If you don't depress the pedal you won't flush the fluid inside the clutch slave cylinder, although you will flush the lines.
Happy Porsche'ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Thanks for the reply Pedro. When pushing the clutch pedal down the slave piston forces the pushrod out so when you open the slave valve the clutch forces the pushrod back in which causes the fluid to expel from the slave. Is that correct? Do you think the same would apply for the E46 BMW? It also has just one line going to the slave from the master.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login