Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Does anyone have a tip to prevent that nasty next day brake clunk that occurs after washing the car. I've tried diving around the block to heat up and dry the pads and rotors but to no avail.
The handbrake holds the car with brake shoes inside the small drum on the real wheels.That will take longer to dry out than the discs and pads.

If you park the car inside, or on level ground, you could just put it into gear and leave the handbrake off until the next time you drive the car.to make sure the brake shoes don't stick to the drums.
Thanks, I've try that too ..no luckconfused smiley
Probably won’t happen with another brake pad compound.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Currently using original porche parts
I didn't mean that aftermarket pads do it. It depends on the iron content in the pad and some of the OEM pads have a lot.
It also depends on the type of cleaner used. Some will oxidize quicker than others.
It's not a problem. One of the drawbacks of disc brakes.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login