Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I have a 2000 Boxster and no longer use my Garmin GPS - my iPhone apps seem to work as well or better.

I don't, however, have a good mount for the phone while driving. In the van, I have a long necked suction cup which works really well - stays out of the way, has never popped off, etc. I think the size, however, would be too big in the small confines of the Boxster's interior. I'm also not fond of popping it out of place from the van since these things seem to lose suction the more you flex and move them.

I'd rather not use a suction cup on the dash - I think it will eventually leave a mark/discoloration.

Anyone have a suggestion for a good, Amazon-purchasable phone mount for use in the Boxster?

Thanks

Andrew
It only really works on the leftmost (or rightmost) vents as the center vents swivel down when there's weight on them. But it generally holds well and it is very minimalist and unobtrusive. I have a separate one I bring with me when I travel for rental cars.

Kenu Airframe
Thanks.

From experience, though, I hate the vent ones - I use the AC and heat, and it blocks the flow or roasts the phone. The less minimilist versions have broken on me, etc.

Any windshield mounted versions that people like?

I could order 6 varieties from Amazon to find one that works, but I HATE that kind of return abuse - I’m sure they do too.

Andrew
Just bought one from Costco. Suction cup to the dash and holds phone via magnet.
I had an Omni Mount that used a Suction Cup to windsheld but after a while it wouldn't stay on.
If you get one of the newer suction mounts that are sticky they will stay on.
Just to close the loop, I purchased this one from Amazon:

MPOW Mount

It's been perfect so far.

Andrew
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login