Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
DYI access
bengalfan - 5 years ago
I'm not active much on the board anymore, but was thinking of doing some winter work on my 2000 986. When I click on the the DYI topics, I get a message I'm not allowed into it anymore (used to work just fine). I'm logged in properly, just no access.
Has something changed and I need some other authorization to access these articles?
Works for me
Boxsterra - 5 years ago
even when I'm not logged in. What link are you using and what happens when you click on it?

[pedrosboard.com]
Thanks for answering Boxterra.

I use Pedrosboard.com from my favorites list. Have also tried it directly entering it and also used both Explorer and Chrome browers; all with the same results.
Everything works except the DIY, and I get this error message: "Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum".
Log out, and then back in again..... same result.... And only in DIY Projects. (I guess that's obvious, as I'm posting this... lol).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2018 09:40AM by bengalfan. (view changes)
Re: DYI access
Anker - 5 years ago
You DO have access. On the page that tells you that you can't post or reply, click on the [pedrosgarage.com] link and will take you right there!
bengalfan - 5 years ago
frogster - 5 years ago
bengalfan
When I click on the the DYI topics, I get a message I'm not allowed into it anymore (used to work just fine).

are you saying that you cannot see the list of posts in the DIY forum or that you cannot post there?

I too get the message "Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum." but that's because i suspect that pedro made these posts read only. All of the posts are just to provide links to the articles, not for discussion.

[edited for clarification]

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2018 06:24PM by frogster. (view changes)
I think I know what you are talking about. I saw that message too, but you need to click the link to Pedros Garage right under his Face/ Icon and it takes you to the specific page for that DIY project. It was a little confusing to me. On this Board, none of us can post comments etc, it is just a way to link to the page. Look for that link under his face on the left side and it should take you there.
-Keith
bengalfan - 5 years ago
thumbs upsmileys with beer
Thanks Keith, that did the trick!
... you can also access those sites directly via: [pedrosgarage.com]
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login