Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Time to get cracking on more hacks for the Voxster! And it starts this week with the Pedro's Garage TechnoPulley.

It's a replacement for the crankshaft pulley to get you a few more horses by not driving everything else on the serp belt so hard.

This is the saw...

Now it fits. Tolerance is tight! My advice would be to cut the near edge of that chunk just a mm or two closer to the block for a tiny bit of extra clearance for when the thing heats up. Mine is fine... but damn, it;s close, and that's always in the back of my mind.

And the new belt is on... and everything is working great. One of the easiest hacks ever. (Once you get past the part where you crap your pants when you realize you're gonna be taking a saw... A SAW!!!... to your engine block. Haha)

... I knew you could do it!
You just made back about 4HP.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Pedro can correct me if he knows another way but you'll need it if you ever want to do any service that requires you to set your car at TDC.
What is TDC?
top dead center for engine timing
Gotcha. Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login