Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Just got my '03S off the dyno. Had to do a horsepower only run because their OBD sensor was not working properly and therefore could not gather RPM data for torque measurements, but it's still valuable information.

The only mods that have been done on this car performance wise so far are the installation of an underdrive pulley, a 996 throttle body, and 997 plenum. No splitter in the plenum. Software is stock.

The dyno measured near as makes no difference 235 WHP. With drivetrain loss factored between 15% and 20%, that puts it somewhere between 270 and 282 brake horsepower.

This Saturday will see the addition of fabspeed headers, a fabspeed exhaust, an EVO cold air intake, and an ECU software tune that takes into account all the mods on the car. I will be going back to the dyno next week once everything else is in and do another update.

One interesting note is that with stock software in the car right now, it seems to be running really rich. It's guzzling fuel like crazy LOL the dyno chart Bears this out, I think. See what you think.

[i63.tinypic.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2019 09:20PM by The Voxster ('03S, In-A-Band Jose). (view changes)
If done properly the remap can tie together all of the mods and the ECU will be able to make the best of it.
You should be making just over 300HP after all is said and done.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
...my car threw a CEL on the way home from the dyno. Boxsterra tells me it's probably because the ECU has reached the limit of its ability to lean the mixture, thus causing the CEL.

I got myself a Foxwell OBDII tool, and it would seem to confirm that, though there are various throttle position error codes in the code readout as well. Is that normal for a car with an upgreaded throttle body to misread the butterfly position, as it's from a different car?
It's not that the CEU is showing throttle position errors, its that it thinks there are throttle position errors because nobody told it that there's a new TB in place with a new intake tube and new headers, etc.
The O2 sensors are reading the extra air that's getting to them, the ECU knows how much air should have gotten in with a particular TB position, but since more passed, it thinks that the TB was open wider than it was and hence the TB position error.
Once you get a custom remap it should all go away (the CEL, the alternating rich/lean condition and the TB position errors.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Remap is just sitting in my garage waiting for the last of the physical mods to be completed. Evo is holding me up at this point with the cold air intake... grr.

And thanks for the info!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login