Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
The other day I pulled the door latch to exit the vehicle. When I did that, the interior latch did not act as usual (I may have heard a breakage noise). The latch does not have a taught dual action anymore and the interior latch does not return to its flush position and instead is about 1/2" away from that flush position. All driver's side only.

If I pull on the latch slowly, the window will drop and hold. If I pull again, the door will unlatch as usual. If I manually return the interior latch to the flush position before unlatching the door, the window will go back up (otherwise no). When outside, the window will not go up on it's own up after the door is closed. When operating the exterior door latch for a door opening, the window does not drop.

When outside the car, the key fob does not lock the door. Instead, I get a single beep. The car will lock using the key (interior alarm light operates as usual then). If I manually lock the door with the key, the window will go back up with the action of the key. If the car is first manually locked with the key, pushing the key fob will lock the car without the beep.

The interior window switch operates properly. Both windows drop when the convertible top latch is unlocked.

Advice on what to suspect? I have the Porsche PET (illustrations on p. 205, 210, 212 or 232 of 398).

Thanks.
I think there is a window drop sensor in each door.
You probably have a broken return spring.
Very common in both 986 and 987s.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
If I push the interior latch flush and close the door gently, the alarm will not beep. There is a You Tube video where a guy shows how to replace the spring (BeatTheBush DIY). He had the same symptoms as mine I am going to try that.

So, the return of the door latch is an alarm sensor monitor point?
Anything that's connected to a monitored latch, a window and the convertible top is part of the alarm system.
That's why the windows, door locks, top movement, keyless entry, immobilizer and alarm are all controlled by the Central Locking Unit (CLU)
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login