Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Headlamp Switch
vza - 5 years ago
99 boxster base..When turning on the fog lamps the manual says to pull the knob to the 1st position for the fronts and 2nd position for the rear. Is the knob supposed to remain in the pulled out position, mine returns back to the normal position so essentially my fog lights only stay on when holding the knob...Just confirming I need a new lamp switch thanks v
In order for the dogs to work the lights must be on.
First turn the switch, then pull it.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: Headlamp Switch
vza - 5 years ago
So...turn switch to the right to turn on lights. then pull turn to the left for fogs? Manual says something about pulling to 1st stop for front fogs and pull to 2nd stop for rear fogs.My switch springs back to normal position when pulled is that normal?
Like this:
[www.youtube.com]

Also, there's only one rear fog light.
... one click you will light up the right side parking lights.
Two clicks light up the left side parking lights.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2019 06:39PM by Pedro (Weston, FL). (view changes)
Ok..rewired my headlamp harnesses and figured out how to operate my headlamp switch thanks to your responses and all is working good so no need for a new switch BUT I noticed my xenon low beams are different colors. I read that 1 may be not aligned with the other....is this true..makes sense cause when I look at the beams at different angles the color matches. thanks v
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login