Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Perhaps Carreraboy now?

I’ve had this since 2002, and it left my garage today at 74k miles. Loved that car.

This came in as the replacement. New to me 07 Carrera S, midnight blue with sand beige interior. 27k miles. Hope it serves me as well as my Boxster did!

Congratulations Boxtaboy (or is it Carreraboy now? smiling smiley )

Looks like the Carrera is in great shape. It's a beautiful colour combination. What option does it have?

Nice that you could get a picture with the top down. Around here, you'd have to shovel snow out of the car after taking that picture.
Oh, wait...the most important option... a 6 speed manual! winking smiley
boxtaboy
Oh, wait...the most important option... a 6 speed manual! winking smiley

thumbs up smileys with beer
Thanks Guenter! I like it so far! I actually haven’t had a chance to really examine all the options and what not, and don’t know what half the buttons do, but I know it has the Sport Chrono with Sport mode and PASM. I will have to read the manual to figure it all out this weekend. Good thing is that my Boxster went to a good friend, and so I can go see it whenever I miss it! smiling smiley

Sorry to hear about the harsh winter up there. Not great here either, but warm enough for me to drive the car! Cheers.
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Took the car to get ice cream last weekend and the 3 of us fit nicely...this even with the top up. Fun times!
Hi....another Boxster to Carrera switch....just bought an 03 Triple Black Cab (6 speed)
It is awaiting an IMS upgrade...as per Pedro's advice....so I am not driving it till it gets "done", next week.
After owning 4 possible IMS failure cars I figure that the odds are no longer in my favor.....so...not taking any chances...
dak911
Hi....another Boxster to Carrera switch....just bought an 03 Triple Black Cab (6 speed)
It is awaiting an IMS upgrade...as per Pedro's advice....so I am not driving it till it gets "done", next week.
After owning 4 possible IMS failure cars I figure that the odds are no longer in my favor.....so...not taking any chances...

Congrats! I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. I never did the IMS in my Boxster so I guess I was lucky. Hope I’m equally lucky for this car (knock on wood)!. Heard the late 06-08 models had a more rubust IMS, so we’ll see. I know the history of my car, and checked the oil filter for particles prior to buying it. Also got it from a dealer with some Powertrain warranty on it, so fingers crossed!
Great looking car! You'll enjoy the additional HP.
MikenOH
Great looking car! You'll enjoy the additional HP.

Thanks! I notice it already...355hp vs 217hp is quite a difference!
Nice looking car. Let us know your impressions vs the Boxster. I have an 09 after having two Boxsters. Similar, but different at the same time. Weird having all that space behind your head. I find, however, the 911 is a much more solidly built car. It took a couple of years to stop thinking about the rear-end bias, though. Enjoy.
db997S
Nice looking car. Let us know your impressions vs the Boxster. I have an 09 after having two Boxsters. Similar, but different at the same time. Weird having all that space behind your head. I find, however, the 911 is a much more solidly built car. It took a couple of years to stop thinking about the rear-end bias, though. Enjoy.

Thanks!...I haven’t had a chance yet to drive her that much. I def notice the power difference, but haven’t taken it thru the twisties yet. I’m sure it’ll be a learning curve. It does feel more solid than my Boxster in every way, but maybe that’s cause it’s newer. The newer interior is nice, and I do like the extra space. Will see how it goes, but so far so good!
Nice car.... I did a Boxster to 2009 C2S...... I like the more power of the 911 but the Boxster was way more fun, lighter, better handling,.... just a better sports car IMO.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Bruce In Philly (2000 S Boxster, now '09 C2S)
Nice car.... I did a Boxster to 2009 C2S...... I like the more power of the 911 but the Boxster was way more fun, lighter, better handling,.... just a better sports car IMO.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Sounds like you should switch back to a newer Boxster then! smiling smiley I so far like the more solid feel of the 997, and the extra power, but haven’t taken it to the curves yet to get a feel for the difference in handling. I’ll report back with my thoughts on that hopefully soon. Supposed to be snow on the ground this weekend.
Aww, but congratulations on that beautiful Carrera Sssssssssssss!
You must be about 36ish now?

Happy Trails,
Babamoto
babamoto
Aww, but congratulations on that beautiful Carrera Sssssssssssss!
You must be about 36ish now?

Happy Trails,
Babamoto

Much thanks Baba! The car certainly has me feeling that young again!
Haven't posted for a while, but need to congratulate you on your new car - enjoy it!

Me, I plan on keeping my 05 till I pass it on to my Granddaughter, when she can drive - she just turned 6 weeks old. smiling smiley

Send my regards to the NJ/NY clan.

Ed from Long Island (Tampa)
05S Cobalt/Blue/Blue
Ed fromTampa ( formerly Long Island)
Haven't posted for a while, but need to congratulate you on your new car - enjoy it!

Me, I plan on keeping my 05 till I pass it on to my Granddaughter, when she can drive - she just turned 6 weeks old. smiling smiley

Send my regards to the NJ/NY clan.

Hey Thanks Ed!! You can pass your Cobalt beauty to your son first. winking smiley Btw, the first 997s cab I looked at was this one below that was in Cobalt blue with similarly low miles as the one I got. What a wonderful color that cobalt is under the sun. Unfortunately, the dealer and I couldn’t agree on price cause I wanted a price drop due to certain things here and there that I saw weren’t right on the car. It’s all good though, cause I love the one I ended up with too. Hope life is treating you great in Sunny Florida, and yes, I’m gathering with a few of the old crew in a couple of weeks! Will give them your regards. Oh, and congrats on being a grandpa!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2019 02:05PM by boxtaboy. (view changes)
Rich,

My granddaughter is SO much cuter, besides, my son will probably get to "babysit" the car for a bit till she's old enough to drive. As you found out, the Boxster isn't the best of family cars! smileys with beer

Ed from Long Island (Tampa)
05S Cobalt/Blue/Blue
Ed fromTampa ( formerly Long Island)
Rich,

My granddaughter is SO much cuter, besides, my son will probably get to "babysit" the car for a bit till she's old enough to drive. As you found out, the Boxster isn't the best of family cars! smileys with beer

Makes sense! In the meantime, keep enjoying your car bud!
Congrats, but do keep an eye out for 'bore scoring' on these cars, which seems to incite equivalent paranoia as compared with the Boxster IMSB. Knowledge is power... see article in Feb 19 Pano for those who are PCA members: [panorama.pca.org]
jlegelis
Congrats, but do keep an eye out for 'bore scoring' on these cars, which seems to incite equivalent paranoia as compared with the Boxster IMSB. Knowledge is power... see article in Feb 19 Pano for those who are PCA members: [panorama.pca.org]

Yes, thanks! I’ve read a lot about this as well, but I’m gonna just use the car as it was intended and if signs show up one day, so be it. I have budgeted for a rebuild/replacement, and figure it still would be a lot cheaper than buying the car new (as they start at like $120k now for a new C2S cab). I figure if the engine somehow croaks, I still got it for half price! smiling smiley Life’s too short to worry about what may happen. Been the same way with my 01 Boxster. Never changed the IMS in the 17 yrs I owned it even with all the talk about the IMS. I’m gonna have fun with this car!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login