Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
What design should I use? The traditional (original) frame design or the frameless curved design?

I have to admit that I don't drive the Boxster much in the rain. Only if caught in it by accident.
i thought that it never rains in southern california. winking smiley

i had the frameless bosch icon on my boxster and i liked them very much. they clear the glass very well and are very quiet which is important for me. noisy wipers drive me nuts. i've been putting those on every car for nearly 20 years now.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Were there issues with the lesser aerodynamic shape of the frameless type vs the OEM framed type? I have the frameless type on my truck and I like their performance.

How has the winter been for Vancouver?
Tony in Whittier
Were there issues with the lesser aerodynamic shape of the frameless type vs the OEM framed type? I have the frameless type on my truck and I like their performance.

How has the winter been for Vancouver?

aerodynamics only became a problem at 120 MPH. smiling smiley

no, i never had any problems. the blades i have on my car now have left and right and each has a curved surface like an air foil/spoiler. i don't know if the boxster's size has those but i don't think they're needed.

winter has been good, fairly dry which is not good for the summer's water supply. we left Vancouver and out to Vancouver Island, west of the capital Victoria a couple of years ago. we're out in the boonies and loving it. not many porsches out here. mostly pick up trucks with the odd mercedes or bmw here and there.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
My 88 CRX's factory blade assemblies are perforated and use replaceable blade elements. Many years ago I tried a frameless type, which were fine in every situation until I hit a heavy rainstorm while doing maybe 75-80 on the New York Thruway. The wiper passes were leaving sheets of water on the glass, but when I happened to slow down, still with heavy rain, the wiping became normal again, and I realized the blades were lifting or detensioning enough to allow water to pass under. The perf types went back on for many years, but out of availability convenience and not intending to ever again drive the car that fast in heavy rain it now has frameless blades that've been perfectly adequate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login