Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Forever CEL
vza - 5 years ago
99 Boxster Base...After new Bank 2 solenoid/MAF/AOS/Battery/Plugs/Actuator Ramps both banks,I'm right where I started CEL P1539 and some misfire codes here and there...Brought  to indie....said bent valves/actuator or timing....bailed on me....car is now at another indie. Any thoughts....car actually runs and sounds well with a little lacking in pickup. Any thoughts??
P1539 Camshaft Adjustment, Bank 2

1. Check B+ supply of actuator
2. Check triggering wire for continuity
3. Replace actuator

Hopefully the tech went through steps 1 & 2 before doing 3.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2019 07:24PM by Boxsterra. (view changes)
He said actuator was getting power but would not activate or move when triggered w PIWIS I'm assuming its the actuator. V
ok...so if the actuator's getting power as the indie said it's definitely the actuator correct? What's the procedure for checking for 12v and triggering wire?
If that's the case there's a low likelihood the problem is the actuator. Checking 12v is simply putting a volt meter on the 12v pin and ground and measuring the voltage. But there could be an intermittent ground or discontinuity. With the volt meter connected, wiggle all of the wires, check the electrical plugs to make sure they're all snug. If the 12v signal is unwavering, you will need to drive the car with a device that can monitor the 12v signal.
Also...
Boxsterra - 5 years ago
I'm assuming you have no other codes. This type of code is meaningless unless other related codes have first been resolved.
Re: Forever CEL
vza - 5 years ago
Just an update ...found a fried transistor in the DME, going to replace it and see if thats the problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login