Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
[www.carscoops.com]

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
In anticipation of the 'last NA flat six', I sold my Cayman, perhaps prematurely, seeing as how the 718 GT4 release date keeps slipping.

I think about the challenges of using the GT4 as almost a DD, in and around town. In the past, I've preferred the base engine because of the enjoyment of rowing the gears and listening to the NA exhaust sound. It seemed illogical for me to tour around in an S rather than a base Boxster. The 2.7 MT has shorter gear ratios that make up a bit for less torque, driving the base is more involving, improves the fun factor since I need to shift more often, and the base has a sportier exhaust sound. For me, the base seemed more balanced, all around, and the chassis is wonderful.

Driving an MT GT4 or a MT S for that matter, around town, may be both more of a challenge and less satisfying. Things to ponder as I await the new car. Better than keeping the car in the garage, and my nose pressed up against the window, watching snow fall. winking smiley Gotta believe I'd be driving it, even up north.

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
My '09 Carrera S is a daily driver. I'm a bit of a competitive driver (my wife would say that's a gross understatement), and I work the gears all the time.Gets me out of about as much trouble as hitting the brake peddle. Been a few times I even drop it down two gears. Oh, and my commute to work is exactly four miles, door to door. Yeah, I know, engine doesn't get it warmed up, but 98% of the time, I keep under 3,000 RPMs. The double gear drop is the rare exception where it gets above 3,000.
[www.carmagazine.co.uk] smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login