Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
race ramps
bb1 - 5 years ago
Hey folks
Looking at some Race Ramps for the Boxster

They advertise as "Unscootable! Won't slip or slide, no matter the surface"....however, I can't find any pictures that show the bottom surface of these on the web.

Can anyone share what that looks like or how well they perform in this regard?
Thanks
I stupidly backed over my rhino ramps once in my old Boxster. After that fun episode, I said no more. Got these cradles instead so that I can just use the existing jacking points on my car to rest the wheels onto them for oil changes. They are stackable too, if you need more height.

+1
Boxsterra - 4 years ago
I used to jack up my car and lower it onto Rhino Ramps to avoid hassle. In the end, platforms like those would have been better as the long ramps can interfere with jack stand placement.
Re: +1
CarreraLicious - 4 years ago
Boxsterra
I used to jack up my car and lower it onto Rhino Ramps to avoid hassle. In the end, platforms like those would have been better as the long ramps can interfere with jack stand placement.

Yes! I wish I saw these before! Much easier than trying to back onto the ramps and also would’ve saved me having to bother Maurice in LI with repainting my side skirts which were damaged by the incident. Lol.
Re: race ramps
MarcW - 5 years ago
bb1
Hey folks
Looking at some Race Ramps for the Boxster

They advertise as "Unscootable! Won't slip or slide, no matter the surface"....however, I can't find any pictures that show the bottom surface of these on the web.

Can anyone share what that looks like or how well they perform in this regard?
Thanks

Race ramps I don't know.

I had a set of Rhino Ramps for use with among other cars my Boxster. Later I used them with my Cayman S and my 996 Turbo.

The ramps did tend to slide or scoot a bit and this was compounded by the fact I did the work at the office, well, in the shipping bay and the concrete was particular smooth and a bit slick.

The leading edge of the ramp had a rubber under the ramp. I quickly learned to jam the ramp under the rear tire to load that rubber block. Then when I slowly backed the car up the ramps the ramps stayed in place.

If the race ramps don't have the rubber block under the leading edge perhaps you can get a suitably sized piece of relatively thin rubber sheet (like something cut from a roll of rubber floor covering) from a hardware store to put under either the front of the ramp or perhaps even get a larger piece of rubber large enough to put the entire ramp on the sheet of rubber to keep the thing from sliding.

BTW, the ramps would not work under the front of my Porsche cars as the nose of the car was too low and there was too much "overhang". Fortunately I never really had any need to use the ramps to raise the front of the car.

If I had a place to work in my cars I'd skip the ramps and buy a portable lift to use to raise my cars in the air either by lifting the car by its lift points or by driving onto the lift and then lifting the car by its tires/wheels. Never got to the point where I looked into portable car lifts to see if a portable one supported both lifting methods but that's what I would want if it was available.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login