Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
anyone know if I can still find a cable to connect my smart phone to my CDR 220? Blau/8-3.5 aux input cable discontinued. my cd changer stopped working several years ago. trying to figure out how to get the music back without spending alot for a new system. please direct to any forums that might deal with this if you know some. thanks
They are all over eBay and amazon.
I did this update a year or so ago. There were several options on ebay. Maybe a 15 minute job. Hardest thing was running the wire.

Not the kit I used, mine has a female jack at the end - but....

[www.ebay.com]
Do you just run the wire alongside/along the bottom and exit or is there some other mechanism for getting the cable in front of the stereo? A picture would be nice.

Andrew
The leather covered side panels on the upper center console just pop straight out. I ran the wire out the front on the bottom of the upper center console right at the seam where the side panel meets the upper center console. I mounted a phone holder on the side panel too and the cable connects to the phone in the same area.
I ran the wire near the passenger seat. It exits in the passenger footwell.
I had planned to drill a hole in the lower storage box in the center console, but I find I have the electronics on the seat all the time. Plus this is 100% reversible.

If I ever want to clean it up, just slide the female jack under the center console.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2019 07:00PM by JMstamford,ct. (view changes)
And don't mind the black pebbles. We just came from practice and those are turf remnants.

The black jack was originally at the junction of the two panels. It has migrated some. I am considering pulling in to be next to the seat, but I do not it to conflict with seat movement or mark the seat.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login