Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I bought a new car, and it wasn’t a Boxster. Several months ago I came ohhhh so close to pulling the trigger on a CPO 981GTS 6 speed in sapphire blue. At the last moment, and for a variety of reasons, I didn’t go forward. Now, several months later I’ve taken delivery of a ‘19 Mazda MX5 30th anniversary edition. It’s my 5th Miata and it is unlike any I’ve had before. The interior is stunning being swathed in Alcantara with very nice Recaro seats. Of course it’s a 6 speed manual, but obviously it doesn’t have that flat 6 sound. That said the tech in the car has my head spinning and trying to learn it all. It’s wrapped in a stunning racing orange color and I can’t wait to stretch it out after it’s broken in.

Paralizer 06 Boxster S Atlas Grey/Black/Black
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
I almost brought a Miata but then Porsche announced the production of the Boxster. Without the success of the Miata, cars like the Boxster and other two-seaters would not have been produced. Fun cars. Enjoy.
Don't wait to 'break it in'
Drive it spiritedly right from the beginning.
The 'drive it gently' break-in thinking is old fashioned and has more to do with liability and automakers legal teams than what is best for your engine and specifically the ring to cylinder wall mating.
See these two pages for good info on how to make the most of your engine by breaking in under load.
Don't need a dyno to do it but proof is in the results.
Engine Break In Secrets

JE Pistons break-in tips
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login