Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
My wife doesn't usually like performance products in her car or bumper stickers either, but since she drives a late-model, dark grey SUV she's had a hard time recognizing her car in crowded parking lots at times, when all SUVs tend to look the same.
Well, I borrowed from one of my favorite performance products (B&M Short Shifter from BumperPlugs.com) and I hacked their logo.
Now she can find her car all the time and she thinks it was a romantic gesture (her name is Mary).

[i.ibb.co]

Happy Porsche'ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Very clever, lover boy smiling smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
and I agree with your wife. SUV's pretty much all look very similar - in most cases, boxes on wheels.
It is amazing how monochrome traffic has become.
Guenter in Ontario
and I agree with your wife. SUV's pretty much all look very similar - in most cases, boxes on wheels.

Talking about wives, did you ever let your beautiful wife get the Macan she so desperately wanted, and deserved?

...and talking about boxes, maybe a look at your past, or future grinning smiley

[www.freep.com]

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Yes. Of course my wife got the car that she wanted. She did like the Macan when she took it out for a test drive. Then she took out an A5. She was a lot more excited about it. Much better looking than the SUV boxes. She loves the features of the top end model - Bang and Olufsen stereo, digital cockpit, LED headlights, sunroof and the one thing you can't get in a Macan - a manual transmission, which she enjoys driving much more than an automatic.

Good idea. I can identify. My wife has a silver Honda CRV. Seems sometimes the lots are half full of them. One time, I was sitting in the car waiting for her, when a woman came up and opened the passenger door and started to get in. Imagine her surprise seeing me in there!

Gary

2003 Boxster Base - Midnight Blue Metallic, Savanna Beige, Metropol Blue
Some years back, i represented a valet company. They serviced a particular restaurant in a CT gold coast town.
After 10, the Valet would go off duty. He delivered the keys to the Hostess before leaving.

Well about 11:30, a customer who had (allegedly) imbibed too much (much too much) went to the hostess stand, and without permission, took the keys to "her" SUV and proceeded to drive home 20 minutes away.

The customer became frustrated when the garage opener did not work. Only then did she realize that the interior was a different color and that her glasses were not in the console.

Now in a rage, she returned to the restaurant (or tried to). In the process she (allegedly) took out a couple of parked cars and a telephone pole before the oak tree jumped out and put an end to her umm .... progress.

As you might expect, there were several lawsuits. Thankfully, only the drunk was injured and not seriously.

This is a very short version of events. In fact, it was a "Ripley's" story from beginning to end. But that for another time.

So yes, these SUV's all look alike. I expect the issue is more pronounced when severely intoxicated - at least anecdotal evidence suggests that to be the case.
which looks like a Ford or Honda or Hyundai or any number of other SUVs. Know your license plate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login