Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I'm having an issue with my 2003. Just today, I seem to have a problem with my central locking. When trying to lock or unlock from the key fob, I get two quick beeps and the doors neither lock or unlock. The car will lock and unlock by manually using the key in the driver's door. The central locking button on the dash does not work to lock or unlock. The windows do drop 1/4" when opening the doors, but will not drop all the way down using the window switches on the console. I have verified the trunk and trunk are closed securely, as well as the glove box and center console storage bin. The battery has not been recently reconnected nor has the stereo been touched. I tried to reset the using the key the manually to unlock the doors while pressing the unlock button on the fob, with no luck. I also tried using my second key fob. I made sure the microswitch under the center console is connected. Not sure how to check the roof or glove box microswitches. The manual does not seem to offer any clues. Any ideas, oh sage and wise people?

Gary

2003 Boxster Base - Midnight Blue Metallic, Savanna Beige, Metropol Blue
Never mind. It was just a fuse (in the C3 position). I should have known to check the simplest thing first, but I've read so much about CLU and microswitch problems that I went right to that. Embarrassed, but sorted!

Gary

2003 Boxster Base - Midnight Blue Metallic, Savanna Beige, Metropol Blue
we learned to check the last thing first. winking smiley

Glad it was an easy fix, Gary.
If we did
Boxsterra - 4 years ago
It would still be the last thing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login