Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I sure hope so, as I'd hate for the bear to get too close and scratch the car!

I've owned my 986 for 21 years, and over that stretch I've done a lot of thinking on what should be my next Porsche. 918, of course, but Cayman always seemed a likely candidate. During my active hunt over the past year, I kept coming back to "if I'm in Yosemite, I want the top down!" 918 wasn't really an option, so a few months ago I bought a 2016 Boxster. Love it. Love it. Love it. Love the 986 too.

Last weekend was THE trip to Yosemite in the new car (the first of many more), and I made the right choice to stick with the Boxster. Top down in Yosemite...if you haven't...if you can...you should! It's just awesome to cruise around the place with the top down. Even with a little drizzle...just keep the speed up. Even with bears along the road...just keep the speed up. Even with the long tunnel...engage PSE and STOMP ON IT! Hee hee hee.

Fantastic car and color! Looks like one of those $250,000 sports cars. A few years ago, the wife and I did Yellowstone and Grand Tetons. We rented a Mustang Convertible. Great choice, even when in Yellowstone the road got clogged with a huge heard of buffalo (they call it a buffalo jam there instead of a traffic jam). They kept coming out of the woods and walking on the road. The top was down. Could have reached out and touch them. Considered putting the top up, but what good would cloth do against a 2,500 pound animal with horns? Don't think there are buffalo in Yosemite, so wise choice on your part to choose it.
Do not leave any food in the car while parked. Or have any food odors left over. Obviously the bears would not have any problem entering thru the top. Been there with our Boxster. Great fun.
Sounds like a State Farm commercial.
that post explains your user name!!!
gorgeous pics of a gorgeous car. that color is absolutely stunning.
those pics make me reminisce my years toodling around the alps in my boxster.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Luckily it is only a bear.

How about a TIGER?

[www.youtube.com]
good thing he wasn't on a moped!!!

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Great choice!! It's a beautiful colour. Love the background to. Often, on trips through parks, I get comments about how lucky I am to have a convertible. It really lets you enjoy the whole scenery uninterrupted.

I obviously don't have to tell you to enjoy, because you're already doing it. smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login