Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Front Hood release
Timbo - 4 years ago
Hello, recently the battery in my 01 Boxster went dead - before changing it, I read that if I plugged a trickle charger into the lighter - I could remove the battery without having issues with any of the cars electrical system/defaults. I changed the battery, everything seems to be fine.

Since doing this, I began having trouble with the (front) hood release - it works some times but not always and never twice in a row. Is it just a coincidence that the truck release problem started immediately after I changed the battery or is it more likely that the that there is a problem with the release mechanism.

Any thoughts?
Although I generally don't believe much in coincidences, this time I'll say that it is.
You need to check if the problem is in the switch by the driver's seat, with the solenoid on the latch or with the wiring in between.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Great, thanks Pedro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login