Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
For you cyclists on the board...has anyone come across a bike rack that will work on a 987? All the ones I see look like the spoiler would interfere with the straps. If you know of a workable solution please advise.

Paralizer 06 Boxster S Atlas Grey/Black/Black
[www.sunsetporscheparts.com]

Bike attachment sold separately sad smiley
Boxsterra
[www.sunsetporscheparts.com]

Bike attachment sold separately sad smiley
Unfortunately that only works with the Cayman. The spoiler and rear exhaust center exit are the problems.

[www.youtube.com]

Happy Boxstering

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
I know a guy that had a rack that hung his very pricey carbon bike in front of his exhaust pipes and it melted the carbon... Probably not gonna be an issue unless you are sitting for long periods in traffic.

Steve
Guards Red 1999
I'm not a race car driver, but I play one in 2nd and 3rd gear grinning smiley
Pedro (Odessa, FL)
[www.youtube.com]

Happy Boxstering
Pedro I would think that the spoiler deploying would be a problem with that one. Does it actually clear?

I’m pretty sure it clears. If not, you can insert a block of hard foam under the belt to help it clear.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Seasucker Komodo

Steve
Guards Red 1999
I'm not a race car driver, but I play one in 2nd and 3rd gear grinning smiley
When I wanted to carry a bike in my Boxster I bought a folding bike from Bike Friday in Eugene OR. Drove there and had a Bike Friday employee fold the model of bike I wanted and fit it in the front trunk of the Boxster. It fit but the front wheel/tire had to be removed and stored along side the bike frame. Not a deal killer.

So I ordered a bike built and shipped to me when I lived in Oak Grove, MO. Have the BF still. About a year ago decided I needed a back up and found a new MINI branded folding bike on sale at the local MINI dealer so I bought it.

Boxster is gone now and with the two cars I have now the bike will lay down in the trunk -- Hellcat -- or I can put the rear seats down and lay the bike down in the hatch back cargo area -- MINI JCW.
The issue was with raising or lowering the roof.
you had to pick either open -or closed before mounting the roof rack.

I want to say that skyler had one? but that is an oldish memory.

Here is a link to one owner....

[www.rahul.net]
I have one
Boxsterra - 4 years ago
It's a really nice looking rack. It's true that you can't operate the top while it's on but removal only takes about a minute once you have the mounting brackets on the car. I think it's cool that you can use it with the top down.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login