Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Oh my is it tight. I did 98% of the work solo, had my son and wife each help me for about 5 minutes to get the aluminum plates above the doors lined up. Took about 10 hrs over 3 days to complete. Probably took about 2 hrs to get the old adhesive off the rear most part of the roof.

Took my 14 yr old son and I together to latch the roof shut.

I have some loose bits by the sides above the door windows... do you think does will come out on there own or should I try adjusting the fabric some? Really happy with the stretch around the new glass window...

Do you think that slack will come out on it's own?

rear looks good.
regarding that little wrinkle, I am sure there must be some trick, but that will come from others.

Either way, it sounds like quite the battle.
Nice work, Pete.

As for the wrinkles, I wonder if the straps in the roof might need to be tightened. When these stretch or aren't tight enough, it can cause the material to come over the plastic side pieces.

Here's a post by Pedro that might help.
[pedrosboard.com]
... only keep the edge of the convertible top from riding over the side edges of the frame.
To eliminate those wrinkles, the material needs to be tensioned from below.
There are a couple of points that people usually miss (anchors) which lead to the wrinkles.
But great job for a first-timer!
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Restretched
Petee_C - 4 years ago
Spent some time today after church re stretching the top.... Got 99% of the slack out...

Take a look here
restretched roof

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2019 08:57PM by Petee_C. (view changes)
I doubt a long time professional could do much better.

One heck of a hard job. Not for the faint of heart.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login