Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Aug. 2019 new battery replaced and checked alter very thing good, Sept 2019 changed the air oil separator and changed sensor on bank one side, the car was in the garage for one week, now the battery light come on, at a stop light the rpm goes from 0 - 800 then back down to 0, and when you driving it there is a hesitating feels like its not getting gas or power, need help please thank you
Suspect the battery is low or just bad. (New battery can go bad at any time. Had a new battery go bad in just 5 months once.)

Be sure the battery is good and then you need to ensure the alternator output is good.

Does the car have a battery voltage gauge? If so the battery voltage should be in the 13V+ range.

This can be "tricky". The output can be ok from a cold start but over time -- minutes in my experience -- the alternator output can drop and after a while the battery is being called upon to supply the car's electrical needs. I've seen a Panamera with a dying alternator and the car/engine behaves in a very erratic manner which can have one suspecting all sorts of problem when it is just marginal electrical power.

Otherwise you might have to start the engine and let it idle while you monitor battery voltate over say 15 minutes.
Is the hesitation only when you first press the gas pedal? What was the symptom when you brought it in to the shop? Seems like they should have fixed it.
boxsterra, thank you very much, that's what it was, the baster mechine should of done that, cleaning all the lines, when he installed the new oil air separator, the thing was filled with oil and he had to replace it whole throttlebody, they he tells me that very 6 months to bring it back so he can flush / cleaning, no way i"m going to pay $700 very 6 months flush / clean the system, can I do it myself and if so can you give me the steps or pictures of how to do it,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login