Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
You may have seen my recent posts regarding my attempts to find all-season tires for my 2012 base Boxster. It came with GoodYear F1 205/55 ZR17 all-season front tires and GoodYear F1 235/50 ZR17 all-season rear tires. Those tires worked so well in the four Ohio seasons where I live that, when those tires were worn out, I replaced them with the same tires and the replacements also worked well. It’s now time for a third set of tires and GoodYear no longer makes the tires I’ve had in the past in an all-season tire. Tire Rack doesn’t show ANY all-season tires that will fit my Boxster, just summer tires and winter tires. My dilemma is: I drive to Florida in winter conditions, spend several months in Florida weather, and I then encounter cold weather and perhaps some snow when I return home in the Spring. Since Tire Rack couldn’t come up with any all-season tires, I looked at other possible sources to no avail. This past Monday I spoke with my dealer and he said he has done some research for me and that Continental has an all-season tire called Extreme Contract DWS 06 in 215/50 R17 and 245/45 R17 and he thought these would work well with my wheels. I immediately bought them and the ride is great. We’ve had temps in the teens and the tires seem fine. I thought I’d pass this info along for those of you who have wheels like mine and want an all-season tire.
That's what I roll with for my cold weather tires. Good blend of performance and price.

Gary

2003 Boxster Base - Midnight Blue Metallic, Savanna Beige, Metropol Blue
I feel they are really good all around.
I have recommended them to others.

Glad you are enjoying the ride.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login