Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I backed my 987.1 Cayman S out of my garage today to sweep while the CD player was playing and removed the key from the ignition switch. I then noticed that the CD continued to be played. I've never observed this behavior before. Is this normal, and I just never noticed it? Or is something amiss with my player or ignition switch? The CD was in the cabin CD slot, not in the frunk.

Thanks in advance.

j.davis

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2019 10:34PM by j.davis. (view changes)
I don't know the the CD, but my aftermarket radio continues to play without the key after I have removed it for about 15 seconds then it stops.
987s have a delayed power off after the key is removed.
That's normal.
Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Thanks Pedro. I think it must have been some kind of anomaly. Last night the CD continued to play without the key in the ignition for about 10 minutes--until I turned off the OEM radio/CD player. This morning, it'd play for only about 5 seconds after I removed the key.
make a mental note of whether or not you hear the clunk sound when you pull the key out.
Before spraying the cleaner, when I removed my key, the radio stayed on. The warning chime also played. I could only lock the car using the exterior key slot. When I did that, the alarm system did a beep. My ignition switch did not make a mechanical clunk sound.

Now the mechanical clunk sound comes back regularly, sometimes faint. It is getting better every day. I can now lock or open the trunks using the key remote (Just replaced the batteries too).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login