Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
So...new here but been a lurker. I think I read every post about ignition switches and plenty of other posts. I'm trying to get my '02 Boxster back on the road after having issues and parking it more than a year ago. In the meantime I started it biweekly and drove it up and down the driveway. Until finally the ignition switch that was suspect went out all together. I've tried to replace this switch before and failed at it. When I went to look for the purchased part over the pretty weekend, I couldn't find it (I don't remember throwing it out in the woods....) so I ordered another one and will try this weekend. My questions is, since my windshields wipers quit working (stopped in the middle), before the switch went out, is it possible that it could be related to the switch or am I looking at a different issue? Thank you in advance for your responses. No, I won't take it to a shop and certainly not to a dealer (150 miles away).
The ignition switch can certainly be the culprit. All of the electrical functions of the dash run through the ignition switch in one way or another.
JIC, here are the instructions: [pedrosgarage.com]
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
The dealer will not sell the plastic part separately because that is not always the problem. They do not want complaints.

I have replaced the plastic part a couple times. Still with the delayed clunk. I think the whole assembly needs to go.
Scroll further down link for tumbler replacement.

[www.pelicanparts.com]#
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login