Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
My mom turned 80 recently, so for her birthday present, I decided to treat her to a month's stay in Florida. So, in late January, my new golden retriever, my 968, and myself drove up to Ohio to pick up my mom. I left my 968 in her garage, and we made the two day drive to Vero Beach FL in her '04 Buick LeSabre, lol.. My other rides (986S, 993, 928S4) were all safely tucked away in Nashville, none of them hooked up to any trickle chargers.

After 4+weeks of beautiful weather, a few small road trips, working remotely, and dining out almost every evening, we regretfully returned to Ohio. Once there, my 968 started up like a champ with 'no' trickle charger in place while we were away.

After visiting with family for few days, I finally drove back to Nashville curious to know how my rother ides were going to react after being left alone for 5+ weeks.

My 993 immediately started up like a lion, loud and strong, the motor sound option clearly audible. My Boxster S also started up flawlessly on the first turn of the key in the ignition. You just can't imagine how reassuring a feeling this is! These cars are true thoroughbreds!

Only the 928S4 needed an overnight hook up to a trickle charger to bring her to life. 928 cars are notorious for their slow drains on the battery. She started up fine, however, after a night of trickle charging, and as a reward, I drove her to the office every day last week.

Gotta love these cars!

-rick
The Boxsters shut down after five days of being idle. So, if you lock your car and leave it for more than 5 days, you'll need the key to unlock it. The remote won't wake it up from sleep mode. This helps. Not sure if your 993 is new enough for that to come into play.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login