Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Litronic Upgrade
vza - 4 years ago
Hi All, Doing a litronic upgrade on 99 boxster base and taking it up a notch. Going to add the litronic control module which allows the low beam to move up a few degrees when using the high beams. I want to make my own wire harness for the module (saving $) I need the pin out. would anyone have the pin out or point me in the right direction. The module is 996.612.988.00 Thanks v
Good info here
Boxsterra - 4 years ago
It doesn't layout exactly what you're looking for but I believe there's enough here for you to figure it out: [www.pelicanparts.com]

Wiring diagram in this thread: [rennlist.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2020 08:12AM by Boxsterra. (view changes)
Re: Litronic Upgrade
vza - 4 years ago
I found a harness and did the install. Problem now is it dosen't work. I can get the lights to do their dance only when the car is started with the light switch on. The hi beams dont cause it to move at all. So I know the motors are good. I suspect its either my headlight switch(cause it has been acting up ....no real detent anymore between parking lights and headlights) or I have the incorrect module. Thoughts??> Thanks V

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2020 10:37PM by vza. (view changes)
Check the connections to the suspension level sensors. If I correctly recall from my 986, there is one each front and rear on the driver's side. The mechanisms themselves look like small levers.
It wasn't a circuit issue, but one time when my 986 was worked on, the levers weren't oriented correctly when reattached, and the lights did weird things.
That feature is exclusive to factory installed litronics. Nice thought though.
Is to reseat the headlight electrical sockets. They are notorious for partly or mostly working when not connected properly. The mounting bracket (on the car) for the plug has play in it so two things you can try are:
- lubricate the rubber seals on the electrical plug
- pull back the wheel well liner and push forward on the electrical socket (with the headlights in the car)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login