Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Wow, what an easy task.

After 20 years, my front trunk no longer stays in the up position (especially when it is cold out).

After watching a youtube video, ordered the parts from Amazon; had my son hold the top open and popped the old ones off with a screwdriver and pushed the new ones in place.

If I had known it was so easy, I would have done it 3 years ago when it started to give me problems.

I paid $24 delivered, and the price just dropped to $17.99 ( search for: BOXI 2pcs Front Hood Lift Supports Struts Shocks Dampers For Porsche 911 1999-2005, Porsche Boxster 1997-2004 Hood).

If you are, like me, still driving "a classic", it's a 5 minute exercise to change the struts.

Andrew
I agree, but I had to do both front and rear struts. Damn it was quick and easy. Also I had an issue with the front locking mechanism was hard to push down to get it locked. Sprayed a little lubricant into the slot, and WOW what a difference. It is so easy to push to lock now.
Michael SYS Driver
I agree, but I had to do both front and rear struts. Damn it was quick and easy. Also I had an issue with the front locking mechanism was hard to push down to get it locked. Sprayed a little lubricant into the slot, and WOW what a difference. It is so easy to push to lock now.
This was my very first 'mod' or upgrade I did to mine back about a year and a half ago when I first bought it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login