Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
After a cold, wet April, we finally got out of the 30's and actually hit the 60 F mark AND had sunshine. So we took the opportunity to finally take the CURVEN8R out for a warm up drive, get the oil circulating and use up some of that late November gas. Even saw a few other Porsches out for a topless drive.

Hopefully soon, we'll be able to get out with some of our Porsche friends.

In the meantime, there's hope.

that first drive of the year is always special. great that you enjoyed it.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
At least the CURVEN8R is out of quarantine.
Happy Boxsterring,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Fortunately, we're not quarantined. Only for those coming into, or returning to the country or those having symptoms or testing positive. We are in self isolation and can get out for walks and essentials. You know the old story. Since getting my Boxster, I haven't been able to find a good grocery store within 50 miles. winking smiley

Filled up my wife's A5 five weeks ago and it's gone through a 1/4 tank of gas since then.

Stay safe everyone.
In NH most businesses are still closed. Some restaurants are doing take out. Essential businesses (construction, hardware stores, liquor stores, grocery stores, car repair shops, etc. are on reduced hours.) Our grocery store has special a special hour for senior citizens only. One way isles, 6ft markers on the floor. Social distancing and face masks recommended.

Nancy and I had our annual physicals over the phone. We checked our own blood pressure, pulse and blood O2. I'll have to visit the hospital some time for lab work.

Mud season is over, but we still have some snow piles. No Porsches out yet! Lot's of things to do here, so we aren't bored.

Better days are coming,

Ed B
Good to see the car out of house arrest. We try to take ours out once a weekend to various places just to get out!

Nice photo Guenter. Where was that shot taken?

Jackie and I were out for a 1.5 hr drive yesterday heading out north and west of the city.

13 Boxster, Racing Yellow, PDK, SC in yellow, 20" Carrera platinum wheels, sport steering wheel, yellow seat belts, yellow roll bars, 14 way power seats, PDL, sports tailpipe
Glad you are able to get out and that the weather is improving. Exactly a month ago, just before the stay-at-home orders went in place, I joined a group of PCA buddies for a drive on some Western NC mountain roads. The weather was nice and the top was down too. Unfortunately, I had a small deer run out in front of my car and I hit it and killed it. There was damage to the front bumper, dented the front hood, and I thought there was a small leak in the right side radiator. I limped back home and found that I did have a small coolant leak. I had the car flat bedded the next day to K&M Collison in Hickory about 100 miles away. They are a certified Porsche repair facility and they do excellent work. Turns out their damage estimate was $21K! Besides the obvious damage, it seems that Porsche requires the steering column to be replaced in any collision that the driver can feel the impact. Last I heard they were waiting on some parts that had to come from Germany.

I am looking forward to getting back on the road too! Hopefully just a couple more weeks!
Ouch! Sorry to hear about your accident, John. Sounds like you're OK, though. Hopefully, they'll have your car looking like new soon.

Take care during these times.
... bigger deer collisions usually total the car.
Hope your wait is not too long.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
As Danny Sullivan said: There are two kinds of drivers - those that have hit a deer and those that will hit a deer.
That makes all of the difference.

$21K sounds really high for a car you were able to drive. I hope the frame was not bent or something.

Either way, the car should be good as new just in time for lockdown to end. Fingers crossed.
Deer do come out of know where. Was behind a car once that hit a deer. Luckily for the driver, the deer saw the car and tried to leap over it, but the windshield still got it. No front-end damage. But, man, I never saw the deer until it was in the air, after being hit. They just come out of nowhere in wooded areas. Glad, you are safe. Cars and be repaired/replaced.
Car is back from the body shop. Good as new! Final tally was $28K and it took 8 weeks! I have enjoyed a couple of nice spring drives in the WNC mountains and the BRP, and looking forward to many more.

I found out that insurance treats claims differently when a collision with an animal is involved when I had to claim for a bit of minor damage to our Corvette when we hit a wolf on the way home from Elkhart Lake a couple of years ago. Basically, it doesn't count as an accident.
Re: Insurance
jg wnc - 3 years ago
Right, it falls under your comprehensive coverage, not liability.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login