Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Can someone please confirm whether or not a 996 GT3 seat with OEM brackets, rails, and sliders should mount directly into a 2011 Boxster Spyder? Every website that I've read about this says that these seats should bolt right in. I took these seats to my local indy shop in Tampa to get them installed and they told me it din't fit because the black box/spacer thing that holds the seat belt buckle was hitting the center tunnel thus preventing the rails from lining up to the chassis. I went down to the shop to take a look and sure enough the rails were off about 1/2 inch on the door side since the black box was hitting the tunnel. I paid the shop for the time they spent trying to get the seats to install and took the seats home.

When I got home and looked at the seat they were trying to install I did notice the rails weren't even on both sides. I adjusted the slider so that they were evenly aligned in the rail. Would that have prevented the rails from aligning correctly?
The seats should physically fit, but the wiring and connectors most likely will not be compatible.
I could take a look for you if you bring me the car and seat to Odessa.
No charge if it doesn't work.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Thanks Pedro. I sent you a PM.
A big thank you to Pedro to figuring out how to get these seats installed in my car!

Here are some photos.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login