Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
... as you have time to reflect on life.
Why is Porsche's plastic, interior paint and adhesive so bad?
I'm not complaining because I make a living from it, especially with the door panels.
But ever since I can remember plastic pieces are cracking, crumbling, pealing or just disintegrating.
You'd think that they would test those materials in real-world conditions, like ... Florida, USA!
Oh well, just my though for the day.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
convertible, 20 years old, Florida, parked outside during the heat of the day, never treated with anything that restores the plastic "oils"....

You have a gold mine.
One of the many sacrifices they make to stay extremely profitable sad smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Pondering a little more, Porsche reaches deep into our pockets, and subsequently creates business for Pedro, because they are very clever. They make a great product, with many cheap accouterments, and, price most everything a la carte, Their pricing structure tricks us into thinking our cars are expensive, when in reality they are usually ridiculously expensive. Base price means little with Porsche, so your ordered or loaded, 'off-the-floor, car gives you the feeling it's a special custom vehicle, In realty you're just paying for lots of stuff that competitors much cheaper cars have included in their base prices. Very clever, slight of hand marketing, that Porsche has been extremely successful at across their model lines, for decades. Oh, and STILL lots of cheap plastic and vinyl to keep Pedro in business. smileys with beer

......and we still keep coming back confused smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
it is a subsidiary of VW. There are all kinds of limitations due to that. I find it hard to believe the 718 would exist under the Porsche ethos. Stuff like that hurts the brand.

Further - all companies have been reducing quality to increase margin. Porsche's margin has just been higher than most for a awhile.
because Porsche want's to save the planet
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login