Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Recently a friend changed out my worn brake pads. He didn’t get the brake wear sensors at that time. He received them the other day and I went over to get the old ones pulled our and new ones in. The sensors plugged in with no problem and the other portion inserted into the pad opening. When I first restarted the car all looked good but as soon as I released the e-brake the brake wear sensor tripped again. Any thoughts. This is an 06 Boxster S.

Paralizer 06 Boxster S Atlas Grey/Black/Black
When the pad wears down to the sensor wire, the wire wears down. Before the wire is worn all the way through the brake wear light may come on and go off intermittently.

To fix it you can either solder the wire back together or replace the sensor. The sensors aren't very expensive and are easy to replace.

[www.autohausaz.com]
Boxsterra
When the pad wears down to the sensor wire, the wire wears down. Before the wire is worn all the way through the brake wear light may come on and go off intermittently.

To fix it you can either solder the wire back together or replace the sensor. The sensors aren't very expensive and are easy to replace.

[www.autohausaz.com]
Yeah my friend installed new sensors yesterday and it’s still throwing the warning.

to turn on and off the sensor so that the light doesn't flash. So sometimes the light stays on after sensors are replaced. But if it doesn't go off eventually then likely one of the sensors is bad or not properly connected. The circuit just measures continuity, which you can do yourself with a continuity tester on each wheel to narrow down the problem. You don't even have to remove the wheels to do it.
Boxsterra
to turn on and off the sensor so that the light doesn't flash. So sometimes the light stays on after sensors are replaced. But if it doesn't go off eventually then likely one of the sensors is bad or not properly connected. The circuit just measures continuity, which you can do yourself with a continuity tester on each wheel to narrow down the problem. You don't even have to remove the wheels to do it.
I’ll give it a try thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login