Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
The windscreen washer was not working. It was evident from the pump noises and the large puddle of water under the car that the rubber line from the washer tank to the windshield had become detached.
An easy repair - kinda. Remove the wheel, remove the fender liner (breaking several plastic clips), restore the line. It appears to be a friction fit. No idea why it came off, but there is not much room for a jubilee clamp - nor did i have one small enough. So friction fit it will remain.

Since I had on side fender liner off, i figured it was a good time to clean the rads and polish up the grills. 1) I took apart the front. 2) I relocated the frunk reopener wire to be marginally more accessible. 3) separated the rads from the condensers. 4) hosed off the dried with a leaf blower.

There was perhaps 2 pounds of stuff in there. Leaves, rocks, broken glass, dirt, fur looking stuff, grass, pine needles, sticks and a lot of sand. when shoveled up, it filled most of a garbage bag meant for my desk wastepaper basket.
A whole lotta crud, but mostly jammed in the far most corner of the rads and the rubberized tunnel. Only maybe a quarter of the the rads were covered - but that was plenty.

Upon replacing the front bumper cover, there were a handful of mounting holes that had been widened over the years to the point that screws no longer fit properly. I repurposed the broken plastic clips to be washers for the mounting screws. The bumper cover is now more secure.
I had a number of plastic clips that I bought for other projects. Mostly Subaru and BMW types. They worked fine to mount the inner fender well liners.

After restoring the front, I checked on the presumed oil leak I cleaned up a month or so ago. The Oil that was on the top and left side of the engine did not recur. That area is dry as a bone. There does appear to be a leak in the RMS area though. It is clearly not "new" but it is more obvious after I cleaned all the gunk off the bottom of the engine. Let's hope it is the RMS or the through bolts. I do not like the alternative. I was planning for IMS surgery, but that has been put off by the state of emergency. I suspect I will revert to the original plan - to wait for a new clutch to be needed. At 80K, that cannot be too, too long???

In any event - It was a nice day. Not too hot, nice breeze. I good way to be productive and social distance.
I used a small hose clamp to keep the washer hose on. Never came off after that. Some people use a zip tie. I still have bad memories of cleaning out the radiators on my Boxster at your house cause it was so hot that day and I almost passed out. Thank goodness you were there to help em out with the job. Good that today was nice and cool out.
I did not think of a zip tie. If It happens again ....

It is an easy thing - just a nuisance. Will not harm the car any - so ....
Yeah, it was crazy hot that day. Fun though. Yeah, the zip ties will work. It’ll happen again I’m sure. I don’t tend to use the wipers much anyway on these cars.
Clutch
Boxsterra - 3 years ago
At 160k miles mine still had 30% left. If you're looking to hasten it, I recommend resting your left foot on the clutch pedal while driving.
At 80K, the clutch could be fine. Could be near death.

I do drive a fair amount in traffic. But.....

Unitl it goes... I would not want to go in there just to swap IMS and find clutch still at 60%.
In the other hand.... IMS is, might be, could be, maybe is, a ticking timebomb.

If'n the cost was not so high, I would swap now. But it is a significant project.

I do want to future proof the car. But at what cost?.......
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login